I provide supervision for those who are looking to obtain their license in clinical social work (LCSW). Getting clinical supervision is such an important aspect in growing as a clinician in the mental health field. It is something I enjoy doing and I know that it can be very difficult to find supervision at a reasonable cost. I completed my LCSW supervision training through NASW-IL and have had my LCSW since 2003. Supervision is based on individual needs but usually consists of case consultation, discussion of clinical topics and/or sharing of resources.
While working with me, clinicians can gain
- new ways of looking at complex cases
- how to deal with ethical issues or dilemmas
- a better understanding of how to navigate the system in which you work in and how to best help your clients
- identify transference or countertransference issues
- how to create a work/life balance as well as establish good self-care routines.
According to the NASW-IL you must meet the following;
- It can paid or unpaid work, part-time or full-time but must be direct practice.
- BSW’s are not eligible.
- MSWs must work for 3,000 hours under the supervision of an LCSW
- PhDs/DSWs must work for 2,000 hours under supervision of an LCSW
- You may meet individually or in group with no more than 5 people.
- You must meet 4 hours during the month.
Group supervision cost: $25 hr/ $50 per session
Individual supervision: $75 hr.
The LCSW supervision group for school social workers is closed for the fall of 2017. Feel free to contact me if you would like for me to put you on a waiting list to contact you when another group runs.
Meets twice monthly Mondays 4:30-6:30pm starting in September 2017 through end of May/beginning of June 2018.
For more information please contact me at:
firstname.lastname@example.org or at (773) 922-6601.